Telephone: 01225 832491
Nickname: The Down
Admission Prices 2011/12 season.
Shelter behind the near goal
Near touchline + dugouts
Founded in 1901, Odd Down FC spent their formative years on pitches at Stirtingate Farm and at the Quarr Ground, before moving to Combe Hill Lane in the 1930s. The club was finally able to purchase the ground in 1952 and it was re-named in memory of long-serving former President Lew Hill, did much to sceure the site for The Down.
In the early days at Combe Hay Lane players changed in a small shack and washed by means of milk churns full of cold water, brought down from the Burnthouse Inn on the main road. After WW2, a redundant building which stood at the back of a house called The Limes was transported across and used until it burnt down. Today, the dressing rooms, which date from the mid-1980s are situated outside the ground itself.
Also outside the ground is the clubhouse, built by members over a five year period and opened in 1973.
Two dugouts straddle the half-way line on one side; whilst there is a rather basic shelter that stands behind the near goal.
Midway along the touchline opposite the dugouts is a modest, yet rather neat stand.
The stand is named after Paul Richards, a former club member, who was also a founder member of the social club. It dates from around 1993 when the club gained promotion to the Premier Division of the Western League